You may recall during your time sitting in the classroom (or maybe you are still studying), that there were some teachers and lecturers who motivated you, while others made you nod off in class. Why is this? Was the teacher the problem, or could it also be a matter of compatibility - simply a NON “meeting of the minds”, or did they lack confidence in your ability to succeed and so they lost you?
A career counsellor will help you uncover the career choice that matches your interests, your natural skills, the way that you learn and allow you to seize the opportunities that are out there for you.
It starts with understanding who you are and how you learn. Understanding the career choice that fits your values, your interests and your personality.
So, how to choose the right career for you?
• Look for a qualified and experienced career counsellor: Check if the career counsellor has the necessary qualifications and certifications in the field of career counselling. Additionally, look for a career counsellor who has relevant experience in your field or industry.
• Check for their approach: Each career counsellor has a unique approach. Some might use personality tests such as Myers Briggs, while others might use one-on-one interviews to help you explore your interests and strengths. Ensure that the career counsellor’s approach aligns with your needs and preferences.
• Make sure that their availability and accessibility fits your requirements: It is important to find a career counsellor who is easily accessible and available when you need them. Ensure that the career counsellor is responsive and prompt in replying to your enquiries.
• Check their reputation and what others say about them: Do some research to see if the career counsellor has a good reputation and good testimonials. Check their online reviews or ask for recommendations from friends or family members.
At Career Smart we have two main areas of speciality when it comes to career counselling
1. Know thyself – we offer in-depth highly personalised career assessments that allow us to unpack your personality and career interests. This is the most important part of the session. Without the right understanding of who you are, how can you expect to achieve what is right for you?
2. Align who you are with ‘what you can do’. What is out there? Is it in a growth industry? Will the job allow you to meet your own personal and professional goals? Will the job be redundant in a few years due to AI technology. There is a never-ending list of considerations. Career Smart Career counsellors will ensure all that is taken into consideration.
3. The final step? It’s important to understand what you need to do so that the right career path be achieved.
Arrange a session with Career Smart to uncover the career path that is right for you atwww.careersmartconsulting.com.au/bookconsultation.